Saturday, May 20, 2006

Oh, how I adore you, Dory Previn...

Salut pop kids!

So, can I just say that excerpt is spelt just like that. Your task for this week is to spell it correctly and use it in at least one email/text/essay/whatever! And yes, there will be more posted in the coming weeks.

In reply to some of your questions:

* The readers event in Birmingham that I'm taking part in on Tuesday is only for pupils in the schools are are participating in the Young Readers Programme, and tickets are all gone now. Sorry.

* There will be no new books from me until Spring 2007 if you live in the UK. I finished the first draft this week and am just psyching myself up for the Herculean task of actually sprinkling on the re-write dust and making it readable! Of course, if you live in the States, you will be getting new books from me as Diary Of A Crush and Let's Get Lost are out in June and October respectively.

* I'm also getting a lot of emails from girls who live in countries where my books aren't available yet. My publishers are working on various deals around the globe, but all my books are available at www.amazon.co.uk who ship internationally.

* I'm really glad that I'm no alone in my deep dislike of black cherry and the other red-headed step-children of the yoghurt family. My friend Andrea did turn me on to the hard-to-find pink grapefruit flavour. And I'll always be a slut for raspberry!

In other news, Amazon.com are now rolling out a new authors' area on their site. You can check out my profile and blog right here. It's probably stuff you already know, but, hey, it's worth checking out.

I'm expecting a marked downturn in my productivity levels now that Big Brother has started in the UK. Every year I promise that I won't get sucked in to watching a bunch of sociopathic, exhibitionistic wannabes for 13 weeks, but I always do. Isn't Shahbaz the most annoying man alive. And I want to whack Nicky over the head with her bunny ears.

And now I must go. I have books to write and a Eurovision Song Contest shindig to get pretty for...

Love

Sarra


(Cross-posted to http://blog.myspace.com/sarramanning)

4 comments:

C. K. Kelly Martin said...

I didn't know about the Amazon page. Very cool. I'm so looking forward to loading up on your books when I get to Dublin in a couple weeks. Weeeeeeeeee.

Paint_box_pastel said...

Very nice blog on Amazon! Have a nice week.

Blue Floppy Hat said...

Does this mean I might finally get to see Let's Get Lost on a bookshelf that isn't across a continent? I do hope your publishers ship a bit to India.

Kitty said...

Ohhhh *pouts* No new books until spring.
Well, actually, when I think about it, that's not bad for writing a book! Just I have to wait..sorry *looks sheepish*

Can I just take this oppurtunity to say that your books capitvate me, that I live inside your stories.
I had stopped writing for almost a year until recently, but will keep writing and hope to one day publish my work.
I can only hope I'll be half as good as you.

And a matter of publishing...? My GCSE English teacher said he would look at some of my poems and prose, and see if he could send them to a couple of publishers he knew, but now seems so bent on me writing an explanation of the poems (which I cannot do, I do not want to explain the hurt I felt to examiners, that is how I expressed it) so he can send them to the exam board as coursework. So I thought I should ask someone else about publishers..do you have any advice or help you could give me as to how to go about it?
I'd be really grateful.