Saturday, July 15, 2006

Praise be!

Hello pop tarts

I emailed off the final draft of my book on Thursday night. Apart from a bit of line editing, i do believe that it's done. Of course, if the Powers That Be demand another draft, then I may well cry real tears. So, I did what any other writer in my situation would do and yesterday I started book two. (I'm writing a sequential series of four books and, no, I'm still not allowed to divulge any details.)

I know myself well enough that if I do take a break, then it can be weeks before I get my writer thing going again, so I'm busy polishing off my very detailed chapter-by-chapter synopsis and doing lots of research. Research that involves watching DVDs of The Simple Life, Olsen twin movies and watching Tiara Girls (I am so obsessed with that show. I love that the girls they feature never win any of the pageants that they enter!) and Australia's Next Top Model and Canada's Next Top Model. Yup, my love affair with the Next Top Model franchise knows no geographical boundaries. It's a sickness, I tell you!

One of the reasons for my writerly dedication is that it would be quite nice to actually have a holiday at some point in the next few months. Maybe Majorca for a week and definitely a trip to NYC which is my second favourite place on earth. Obviously London can never be bettered. And now that deadlines are a bit more relaxed, I can have a social life again. I see lots of hanging out with my friends and cinema going in my immediate future. Tomorrow, I'm seeing the new Pirates Of The Caribbean movie - though I'm more of a Johnny Depp girl than an Orlando admirer.

And right now, the sun is shining and it seems a pity to be stuck indoors so I'm off to make the most of it.

Live on

Sarra x

11 comments:

Roxy said...

Good luck with the writing, and enjoying the summer!

MrsSethCohenKT said...

Ahh cant wait for the new material. Sarra thnx soo much for letting me know that someone does actually read my blog! It meant alot.

No doubt u'll hear frm me soon
ur slightly too obsessive fan
Kalpna
x

fuzzymuffin said...

Hi Sarra.

I emailed you when you were just starting this book to ramble on about how much I loved your writing, I don't know if you remember, it was a while ago but it's gone so fast!

I hope they don't demand a second draft, for purely selfish reasons like I want to read it as soon as possible!

Good luck, Sarah x x

blonde said...

Hi Sarra
Im reading your book 'let's get lost' for my Negotiated Inquiry Project for my year 10 English class. It's a really great book!
I was wondering if you would answer some questions for me if I needed you to. But you dont have to if you dont want to.
Anyway good luck with your new book!
:-)
xx

Miss_S said...

Hey Sarra,

I wrote you a nice long email but can't find your email address. Is there anyway I can email it to you?

Thanks!

S

Miss_S said...

Ok lets try again! lol. I have been trying to email you but seem to have the wrong email addy. I've got the hodder one... Is there anyway I can send you a mail?

Emma said...

hey Sarra,
ive just started writing a book and i have all my ideas and storyline and everything but im having trouble getting motivated. i was wondering if u could give me any tips?
thank you Emma xx

Kels said...

Hope you enjoyed the movie as much as ever liveing, breathing person i know did!

Tilly said...

Hi sarra

my name's tilly and im attempting to write a book too. i adore your books ive read the Diary of a crush triology more times than i care to admit. Plus all the other books, Lets get lost is so fab. i also got my friend anna (who hates reading) to read the first one and she loved it! haha! the only one i havn't read is pretty things but hav just bought it and will read it soon. lots of lovage from 1 of the many fans Tilly Dunning xxxxxx

Tilly said...

Hi sarra

my name's tilly and im attempting to write a book too. i adore your books ive read the Diary of a crush triology more times than i care to admit. Plus all the other books, Lets get lost is so fab. i also got my friend anna (who hates reading) to read the first one and she loved it! haha! the only one i havn't read is pretty things but hav just bought it and will read it soon. lots of lovage from 1 of the many fans Tilly Dunning xxxxxx
ps I love Belle and Sebastian too Tiger milk is fantastic!

caraxx said...

Hi Sarra

I just wanted to say that 'Let's get lost' was the best book I have ever read in my life. I have never adored a book so much before that I actually cried after I had finished it becasue I didn't want it to ever end! I can totally relate to Isabel - I find her character really deep and interesting. I am a Huge fan of Teen Romances, and I have never come across such fantastic writing about young love. I know it is highly unlikely, but I would LOVE for you to write a sequel to it. Really, I havn't been able to enjoy a book since reading it as nothing comes anywhere near to it in amazingness!!! PLEASE at least consider it! xx