Saturday, January 14, 2006

Happy new year, you funny little frogs...

Ah, lots of reasons to cheer in 2006. One of my friends tells me that Nostradamus predicted that the world was going to end in August (hopefully not before my birthday on the 8th) but right now I'm excited that the new series of America's Next Top Model is showing in the UK, a new Belle And Sebastian album is coming out next month and Let's Get Lost finally goes on sale on February 6th, I think.It's Book Of The Month at Ottakers so go and buy it there!

I've also heard that it will keep that title when it comes out in the States in October, which I'm really chuffed about. And Diary Of A Crush is being published en Francais by the lovely people at Pocket Jeunesse in March, and I'm being sent to Paris to do some press. Oh la la!

I'm also likely to be doing a panel or something similar in May at the Birmingham Young Readers Event and I hope to be out and about later in the year, possibly at the Edinburgh Festival in August (apocalypses not with standing!)

I've been getting a lot of letters asking for biographical information for book reports. Sadly, my age and marital status are between me and my God, but there is a ton of info about me all over the interpipe. If you google my name, using speechmarks, the first page that comes up has links to an live chat I did with the BBC's Blast programme (and all spelling mistakes and bad punctuation are there's), my US author page at Penguin which has an interview with me and if you go to http://www.hodderkidsauthors.com/manning/, you'll find my very own microsite, which has all sorts of lovely content about my books and will soon have a sneak preview of the first chapter of Let's Get Lost. There really isn't that much else to know about me. I'm a very boring person in real life. Right now, it's Saturday night and I'm about to eat lots of vegetables and watch an old black and white movie (All Aout Eve.)

Oh, and the winners of the haiku competition were.... dum, dum dum... LadyJulieanne and Josie. I'll be emailing you in the next couple of days. And if you were unlucky, turn that frown upside down because I'll do a new competition in the next week or so to win a signed copy of Let's Get Lost.

Keep on keeping on!

Love

Sarra x

1 comment:

PennyLane said...

Hey sarra. according to time magazing the world won't end till the 27th so you're all set. congrats: let's get lost goes on sale really soon. and the lucky canadians get to wait until oct. :( i was just wondering when your diary of a crush books are comming out in canada/the states... if you could post that or check out my blog (www.thehotelcalifornia.blogspot.com) i'd love you forever. particularily if the answer was somewhere along the lines of like tomorrow or so. well, peace love rock n rolll, Sara XOX