Saturday, September 02, 2006

No sir, I don't feel like dancing

Greetings girliea

Ah, the sun is but a dim and distant memory; it's grey and cold and all the delicious new autumn fashions are in the shops. Hurrah!

Because I spend most of my time in front of dark!Wes, my computer, I tend to live in jeans and a collection of faded logo retro tees but I'm coveting and even buying some fabulous frocks at the moment. And slouchy boy trousers. And I'm still loving polka dots and always will. In other style news, I have decided to stop straightening my hair after many years and I'm learning to love my curls.

On the writing front, I'm two thirds of the way through the first draft of the second book in my new series. It's still known as Untitled Sarra Manning series but I hope to be able to give you all the juicy details in a few weeks. I'm also doing a lot of freelance writing at the moment, mainly because I had a humungous tax bill come through and I want to go to New York in October and do some serious damage in the Marc by Marc Jacobs shop on Bleecker Street. Alas, his beautiful main range is too rich for my tastes.

I'm getting a lot of email requests for biographical information for school projects. Everything you need to know, or that I'm happy for you to know(!), is out there on the interpipe. Just type "sarra manning" (don't forget the speech marks) into a google search and you should find everything you could ever want to know. Except my age, my weight and my secret fears. A girl has to retain some mystery!

Also, I am obsessed with the new Scissor Sister single. But I always feel like dancing – especially when no-one else is watching…

As ever, the disclaimer that I'm now adding to tbe bottom of every post: No more Diary Of A Crush books, like, ever!

(Cross-posted to http://blog.myspace.com/sarramanning)

2 comments:

MrsSethCohenKT said...

I no love it when it a new season starts espec. autumn cos thats wen all the kl cardigans and big wooly things find us! YAY!! Also i love layering and apaz the "grunge" thang is back in.
ahh new material, cannot wait to lock myself in my room until ive soaked in every word.
Wel i can accept there not being another Diary of a Crush but what about a Guitar Girl 2!! that wud b awesome- btw i love how u manage to fit something frm that book into all ur others, its gd to no u still think about them. what do u think? a sequel to Guitar Girl?! I miss Molly!!
X

Katie said...

dont worry about the whole dancing thingy... i use my hairbrush as a microphone and dance about in my underwear, thankyou very much!

Did I really just write that?!!!! oops.... :P